Effective August 25, 2021
Updated August 25, 2021
This notice describes how Semiotech, LLC (“Semiotech”) collects and uses your personal information when you visit InvalidityCharts.com (the “App”). BY USING THE APP, YOU CONSENT TO SEMIOTECH’S DATA PRACTICES AS DESCRIBED HEREIN.
Semiotech may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Your continued use of the App after we make changes to the notice shall be deemed an acceptance of those changes.
Semiotech may collect your personal information from:
- Your direct input, such as when you complete the registration form of the App;
- Automated technologies, such as when we track your usage of the App; and/or
- Third-parties, such as when a user invites you to a project by providing your email address to the App.
The types of personal information we collect include:
- Contact information, such as your name and email address;
- Login credentials, such as your password;
- Preferences, such as your preferred font for displaying prior art documents;
- App usage data, such as the date of your last login to the App;
- Network data, such as your web browser type; and/or
- Feedback, such as any questions, comments, or requests you send to us.
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide and manage your access to the App;
- Process purchase orders, project invitations, and other requests;
- Provide technical, product, and other support;
- Offer you customized content and other personalization;
- Communicate with you regarding billing, your feedback, updates, and other announcements related to the App and/or Semiotech;
- Improve the App and develop new products and services; and/or
- Comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
We use third-party vendors to help us provide, promote, and improve the App (including, but not limited to, web hosting, data storage, email services, database management, web analytics, and web development). These third parties may have access to your personal information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf.
We may also disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with a law, regulation, or compulsory legal request;
- Investigate or prevent fraud or abuse against Semiotech or its users;
- Protect or enforce Semiotech’s rights; and/or
- Facilitate of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets to, acquisition by, or merger with, another company.
If you are a registered user, the App allows you to review, update, or correct the personal information you provided during registration. If you wish to close your account, please contact us directly with your request. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
We may retain and use your personal information as necessary to provide you access to the App, complete transactions, communicate with you, and for other essential purposes, such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your personal information quickly upon request.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or our data practices, please do not hesitate to contact us.